If you had to enumerate EVERYTHING you are thankful for
It’s easy enough to rattle off a few things you are thankful for around the Thanksgiving table, but what if grandma wouldn’t let you get up until you listed EVERYTHING? Even things that have a flip side, like coconuts; they are tasty and provide amusing props, but if you get hit on the head with one, you lose your memory until you get another blow to the noggin.
But I digress. Here are a few of my “Hour Six” things I am thankful for; these would come in no particular order, by this time I would be sweating bullets;
- The amusing term “sweating bullets”
- Rotary Phones- They give you time to think about what to say.
- Norm McDonald
- Halogen Headlights- Remember having to take half of the grill apart to get at it, then you had to line it up so it didn’t point into the trees?
- Movie Quotes- They give me things to say when driving, such as “You can’t beat me on the grade!!” And “When this baby hits 88 miles per hour..”
- PODCASTS. I work in a warehouse with NO radio reception, so I listen to podcasts on my cellphone or MP3 player. It bends time.
- The change dispensers at the Safeway, so the clerk with the runny nose doesn’t touch my change. OH WAIT
- Fish and chips wrapped in newspaper. That one probably wouldn’t come up just after eating all that turkey. Damn! This is hard!